While I knew it is a serious problem for many internet entrepreneurs, I didn’t realize just how common it was for the general population as well. They have their warning signs, but I thought I’d put together a few of my own.
You might be a workaholic if…
10. Your spouse can’t climb into bed because it is full of papers, notebooks, and your laptop.
9. Your response to the suggestion of a vacation is the need to look the word up in a dictionary.
8. Working 40 hours a week sounds like a good warm-up.
7. Your children have stopped playing games with you because you constantly say things like “In your face!” and “You’re going down.”
6. You’ve used the excuse, “But I love what I do…” at least a dozen times during recent family interventions.
5. You’ve recently held a business conversation on the phone while going to the restroom.
4. Your “former” friends had cute nicknames for you like workhorse, maniac, or the energizer bunny.
3. You stress out over sleep because it’s time you could be putting to better use such as making more money.
2. Your butt cheeks are beginning to resemble your favorite office chair.
1. Your children ask your spouse who you are at the breakfast table one morning.
Many internet entrepreneurs suffer from workaholism….so don’t underestimate it’s ability to ruin your relationships, your family, your health, and even your business.
That’s right. Too much work cuts off the flow of good ideas…and stops you from creating the Internet Lifestyle you’re looking for.